- reasoning on the Semantic Web,
- modular web rule bases,
- faceted metadata and semantics,
- conceptual modelling,
- contextual organization of information,
- information integration and retrieval systems for the web,
- interoperability of heterogeneous and distributed information bases,
- biomedical information systems.
- Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation Scholarship (1992-1993)
- Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship Award (1991-92)
- Society of Women Engineers Fellowship Award (1989-90 and 1990-91)
- Fulbright Fellowship Award (1988-89)
- Scholarship and Award of Excellence of the National Board of Scholarships, Greece, four times recipient (1984-1988)
Participation in Research Projects
- ACGT - Advancing Clinico-Genomic Clinical Trials on Cancer: Open Grid Services for Improving Medical Knowledge Discovery, (FP6-IP-No 026996 2006-2010).
- REWERSE - Reasoning on the Web with Rules and Semantics, (EU - IST 2004-2008).
- PROGNOCHIP - Development and Establishment of DNA Microarray Technology in Greece: Identification and Validation of Classification and Prognosis Molecular Markers for Breast Cancer, (GSRT - Op. Pr. Competitiveness 2003-2006), (Scientific Co-coordinator on behalf of the Information Systems Laboratory) .
- SHMASIA - Multilingual Semantic Lexicon for Text Retrieval and Machine Translation, (GSRT-EPET 2000-2001), (Scientific Coordinator).
- TERM-IT - Multilingual Support for Multimedia Services, (EU - DGXIII, Telematics 1998-99).
- POLEMOΝ - Coordinated Services for the Documentation, Management, and Promotion of Cultural Heritage, (GSRT-EPET 1995-97).
- AQUARELLE - Sharing Cultural Heritage through Multimedia Telematics, (EU - DGIII, ESPRIT 1996-98).
- HYPERTOUR - A Hypermedia Platform Combining an Organizational Framework and a Methodology for the Exploitation and Promotion of Tourism in Europe of 2000, (EU - DGIII, Information Technologies Programme 1995-97).
Anastasia Analyti earned a B.Sc. degree in Mathematics from University of Athens, Greece and a M.Sc. and Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Michigan State University, USA. She worked as a visiting professor at the Department of Computer Science, University of Crete, and at the Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Technical University of Crete. Since 1995, she is a principal researcher at the Information Systems Laboratory of the Institute of Computer Science, Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH-ICS). Her current interests include reasoning on the Semantic Web, modular web rule bases, non-monotonic-reasoning, faceted metadata and semantics, conceptual modelling, contextual organization of information, information integration and retrieval systems for the web, interoperability of heterogeneous and distributed information bases, and biomedical information systems. She has participated in several research projects and has published over 55 papers in refereed scientific journals and conferences.